I could not find a tool that suited me:
I want to help others (like people in an organization) get on the web
with some content. But I do not want to use to much time
Partial solution: Let the content writers use Frontpage or HoTMetaL or
whatever tool they like, to write plain HTML-files.
Problems with partial solution:
- All the pages end up looking a little different in design
- Hard to maintain a navigation system
- Hard to change design of all pages
Problems with this better solution:
- Writers still write plain HTML-documents
- Webmaster writes one template.html-file
- In comes
wgen and combines plain HTML-documents
with this one magic template written by webmaster.
- This solution fits one subset of all the interesting "let's get them
on the web" situations, but will be wrong for most others.
- Other problems? Yes, help me find them!
Updated monday October 16. 2000 at 07:46
Send comments to Jan Ivar Pladsen